Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mayoral Candidate Arrested For Murder Almost Won


One funny little thing about being back on the left coast as I visit relatives is catching up on my local news and public access shows. Believe it or not I forgot to bring a coat because I thought March meant Spring not lingering snow flurries. Plus it was a last minute decision. So this local story about a man who got roughly 1 out of 3 votes in a Mayoral election had me shaking my head. At least no Black person was involved in this foolishness (this time anyway). 
From WKBW-TV
Today was election day in the Village of Corfu and the most popular race seemed to be the one for Mayor. But the controversy surrounding this election was because of Corfu resident Scott Doll. He was challenging Todd Skeet for the Mayor's office, but remains in jail charged with murder. Doll is accused of murdering his business partner Joesph Benaquist in February. Despite the charges brought against Doll, he remained on tonight's ballot under the Republican ticket. It was news that didn't sit well with some voters.
Boy those Republicans sure know how to pick 'em!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: