Saturday, January 24, 2009

President Obama's Weekly Address


Excellent!

So I've tended to listen and dismiss them until now but he's the Prez so this week was of particular interest to me. From plans to close Gitmo, to allowing less restrictive stem cell research, to the passing of the Ledbetter Equal Pay Act (which he's expected to sign) I am liking what I see. He talks about transparency, building infrastructure and increasing the PELL grant. Yeah for students and it's been 20+ years so it's way past due. Broadband access and adequate public transportation are absolute necessities. He even addresses the skeptics. What can I say, he had me at hello.


Go to recovery.gov for more info. In case you haven't checked it out the new Presidential website is like totally awesome dude. Ok I'm being a little silly I know but I just arrived back in SF about 2.5 hours ago and I'm a little punchy. I'm signing off to a take a much needed nap.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: