Friday, January 23, 2009

Old School Friday

I still have 2 more DC related posts that I'm working on, but in the meantime I am back to my regular scheduled blogging (I think) between the nasal spray, Zicam, tea and soup. I am determined to not take any antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. I have to return to JFK and was able to get an earlier flight out. I didn't mention how the airline half shredded my checked-in bag after charging those ridiculous fees. They promise a replacement piece of luggage - just putting it out there that I want a new Samsonite bag!

This week's theme is songs that were banned on radio. I couldn't think of any off the top of my head and I'm not interested in the more 'colorful' tunes out there. I think most of the crap that gets played today is what should be banned but that's just me. I remembered about the infamous Clear Channel list that was distributed post 9/11 that included some of the greatest songs recorded and the irony of mediocrity that's allowed today.

So here's one of my favorite 80's videos with the amazing vocal stylings of Pat Benatar. The theme in the video is very serious and I wish more artists would take creative chances and offer some substance. On a funny note, I always laugh at her attempts at being cool/the dancing diva but I still remember the choreography! Enjoy!

Love Is A Battlefield



Bookmark and Share

No comments: