Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Whitney Houston Oprah Interview Day 2: On Michael Jackson & Her Comeback



Houston discusses her friendship with Michael Jackson. One thing I've found interesting is how isolated and lonely so many of these celebrities are. They have so much talent and so many resources. It seems as if they get lost in the mix trying to self-protect. Houston says she's feeling the love she has for HERSELF and that's a great thing. We must always make sure our needs are being met an we take care of ourselves first.



Houston claims to be drug-free. I'm not going to comment on the fact that despite all of this discussion about Bobby Brown and his abusive behavior she's friends with R Kelly. Ok I lied. One word comes to mind: hypocrite. Another word comes to mind: denial. That's all I'm gonna say. When we've discussed evaluating how and what we support if we are denigrated by others I have to include the women who support the denigration. There's much I don't know and may not understand. I still have to employ some semblance of standards though. That's all I'm gonna say. ** This got way too gushy for me at the end. That's all I'm gonna say.

Bookmark and Share
TwitThis

No comments: