Lionsgate has tapped Tyler Perry to write, direct and produce an adaptation of the 1975 play "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf". (It's a play written by Ntozake Shange)Lionsgate noted the project's the 10th title in its ongoing franchise with Perry, and Perry's first film to be based on non-original source material. "Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All by Myself" opens Sept. 11, and "Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too?" is set to open April 2.Perry is also a co-presenter and exec producer of Lee Daniels' Sundance winner "Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire," which Lionsgate is releasing in November.Lionsgate announced in March that it had acquired the feature rights to the stage play and signed music video director Nzingha Stewart to helm from her screenplay adaptation.
- Tyler Perry Is Why the Cage Birds Drinks..Heavily
- Is Tyler Perry seriously adapted For Colored Girls? I thought it was a joke.
- He's going to play the rainbow since there are no male roles.
- Am I the only one who thinks TP should stop making movies?
- Dear Tyler Perry: Please stop making TV shows, movies, books, scripts, doodles, etc. Just to be safe, please cease all creative endeavors.