Friday, September 18, 2009

Old School Friday: Criminals-R-Us

Okay these memes are definitely food for thought. This week is "Criminal Records"

Boogie Down Productions was the first song that came to mind. I'm surprised as well but I'm going with it.


The latest MTV flap over 19 year old Taylor Swift made me think of another 19 year old's MTV-related outburst (it was her own though) when Fiona Apple won Best New Artist in 1997. I also remember people were up in arms at the overtly sexual implications indicated in this video. It seems tame by comparison to what occurs today (what's encouraged) but I recall that Courtney Love was concerned about protecting Apple from being exploited. Much in the same way others rushed to defend and protect Swift. It speaks volumes about the values people hold and for whom they bestow them on.


Bookmark and Share
TwitThis

No comments: