Friday, September 25, 2009

Old School Friday - OSF Tribute

Oh I really like this week's meme! It's TRIBUTE WEEK!!! WooT!

I want to include so many music artists but this would be the LONGEST post ever.

The premiere song restylist of our (ok my mom's) generation. Nobody can touch Aretha Franklin.



My favorite gypsy rock-r-lady who writes songs that tear your insides out - Stevie Nicks.


In honor of her Rock & Roll Hall of Fame eligibility enjoy a little Laura Nyro.


Bookmark and Share
TwitThis

2 comments:

PPR_Scribe said...

You've got two of my favorite female vocalists here. Aretha and Stevie seem on the surface very different, but I have always loved how they each optimize the uniqueness of their voices and put so much of themselves in their singing.

Thanks for the tribute!

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog said...

PPR_Scribe: I hadn't thought of the similarities between Franklin and Nicks before with that perception. Now you've given me food for thought.