Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Whitney Houston Oprah Interview Day 2: How Whitney Finally Left

Houston discusses the decision to leave her marriage. Sigh. I am really having a problem with the language and tone of how she insists on placing ALL the blame on her ex-husband. Has anyone else noticed how she also lays territorial claim to her daughter as HERS. Perhaps some children who've lived through their parents' divorce can further explain this but isn't this a blatant example of forcing a child to pick sides? Considering it's Houston with all the "goodies": money, fame, respect, etc. I can see how that wouldn't be too hard of a decision.

Also Bobbi Kristina is the only child of her mother. I could be totally off base with this analysis. I do understand how a young girl could see her parent's destructive relationship and know it would be best for them to part. So obviously if she could articulate that to her mother in person then they must be close. I still think this interview offers MUCH to learn from but the scrutiny is on now. If Houston has stopped abusing drugs for example but picks it up again - which isn't outside the realm of possibility given the number of years she's been an offender - she won't be able to blame Bobby Brown this time.



Bookmark and Share
TwitThis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time poster, but frequent reader. Your blog commentary is awsome.

I completely agree with your comments. I watched some of the interviews and there is something about her that still does not seem "right" to me. With my own upclose and personal experience with family drug addicts, I heard too much blame on the other party. I had to turn it off.

I hope the best for Whitney and esp. her daughter, that she will have a fully functioning mother and father in her life.

Ananda said...

thank you faith for posting all of the shows.

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog said...

energize: Welcome and thanks for delurking! Are you a Star Trek fan? Yes I wish them well also.

Ananda: Thank you for stopping by.