Friday, July 3, 2009

Old School Friday: Who Was In A Band, Then Went Solo & Back To A Group

Oh boy this week's meme really had me in a pickle and my brain is already fried as it is. I'm going to hope the meme creators don't mean the person who left had to be a totally different band because then I quit!!

Help me out here folks who would fit the bill AND have originally produced work before 1999?

The only person I could think of are the ladies from Labelle: Nona Hendryx, Sarah Dash & Patti Labelle.  Don't mess with Miss Patty that's all I have to say. She is one of the few singers from her generation who has sustained a vibrant career. The reunited LaBelle recorded a new album and went on tour this past year. Patty is also one of the few to have maintained her vocal abilities. In fact, I think she may even sound better than she did a decade ago. Is hot sauce her secret?




Bookmark and Share
TwitThis

No comments: