Friday, December 12, 2008

Keanu Fan Fest


Ok, I really have to be moved to shell out $11.25 for a movie. I will usually wait the 3-4 months it takes for the DVD release so I can rent it. I've been planning to see the remake of the Day the Earth Stood Still since I heard Keanu Reeves was being cast as the alien Klaatu sent to warn the Earth (which is somehow always just the United States) of her evil ways. But wouldn't the election of "the O Man" cancel that out?  The original is a classic and was so ahead of it's time when it was originally released in 1951. I have to see this on the big screen. 



I admit it, I am an unabashed Keanu fan. I don't care that people call him a wooden actor or question his intelligence. You cannot navigate the shark-filled waters of maintaining a Hollywood career without some serious skills. He's also donated a lot of money to charities but he doesn't talk about it. I saw him up close once when he lived at the Chateau Marmont and he was even better looking in person than on film.  

Jennifer Connelly co-stars. I really loved her, Ben Kingsley and Sohreh Aghdashloo in the House of Sand and Fog. I thought the film version was even better than the book. Little Jaden Smith is in it too. Is it easier to get acting gigs when your dad is the #1 Movie Star in the world? Then can some of that gold rub off on Jada please! 
keanustill1
At a Screening at Caltech

Bookmark and Share

No comments: