Friday, March 20, 2009

Old School Friday


This week's meme is songs with the word "Baby" in the title. I immediately thought of TLC. They had some really cool videos but they could also perform live, hence the footage from their Apollo appearance.


You thought I was done, didn't you. I had to include the song that TLC famously turned down which spawned the career of one Britney Spears. Ok but I'm not showing her - Travis does an interesting cover though. Have a great weekend!


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Hagar's Daughter said...

I must confess I didn't listen too much to TLC, but I vaguely remember this song. I remember Waterfalls though. I like it.

I've never heard of this group before and I've never heard this song before (neither Britney's version). M

My age is showing.

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog said...

Hello Hagar's Daughter: Well...I guess you could say your age is showing or perhaps it's just that you didn't listen to Top 40 radio. My white gay male friends were way into TLC - much more than I was from the beginning. I came to appreciate them however. Waterfalls was their biggest hit I think and that was when they changed their look and sound. Travis is a European rock band that's kinda of a cross between Coldplay and Starsailor (other Brit bands you may not know!). Happy Friday!!