Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Are You Flailing? How to Refocus.
Tips from Mastering Online Marketing by Mitch Meyerson though I think this applies in any industry. His books are well known to those setting up e-commerce businesses. Which is a great side hustle by the way.
First, it all starts with your brain. We don't need to have all of the answers, we just need to be willing to ask questions. Solutions will appear - and that's not just New Age-speak. Regardless of what happens after this economic downturn (whether it manifests as a recession or depression or near total collapse is still undetermined) it's going to be those of us who are resourceful that will best ride this out. (Hey I'm trying to motivate myself as I write this too!)
10 Personality Traits of Accomplished People
1. Conscientious and reliable (don't be a flake)
2. Altruistic and considerate (there's always somebody worse off than us)
3. Flexible (think rubber ball)
4. Able to give and receive constructive feedback (take good advice)
5. Passionate and enthusiastic (gotta have a reason to get out of bed)
6. Optimistic (always thinking the sky is falling sucks)
7. Committed to life-long learning (education is so much more than school)
8. Tenacious and persistent (be like a dog w/a bone)
9. Balanced in mind, body and spirit (woo..this is challenging but it's key)
10. Focused on the long term (the sacrifices of today pay well into tomorrow)