Monday, January 19, 2009

Greetings From DC

Hey All,

Sorry for not posting this weekend but this isn't the time to be lugging a 5lb laptop everywhere! I am sucking on throat lozenges as we speak. A lot of talking and a 50 degree change in weather makes this girl's throat beg for mercy!! Anyway, I will be posting pictures and such soon I promise!! I have already met so many cool people that I actually forgot to record some of our conversations. I'm still getting my bearings but DC is VERY COOL! Well. it's actually FREEZING right now but you know the people here are very warm :). The DC Metro reminds me of Atlanta's. I'm going to research if it's the same architects/builders.

I hope everyone gets to watch the We Are One concert. It was pretty darn good!!! Let's not forget today is the annual celebration of the life and times of Martin Luther King, Jr. Today is a day for service. I plan on helping myself - to some hospitality and spirits!!!

Smooches---

Queen Latifah Intro: Performance by Josh Groban and Heather Headley




Renee Fleming Performance




Jamie Foxx Doing a Funny & Accurate Barack Imitation - oh yeah and Steve Carell is there too! Plus Bettye Lavette & Jon Bon Jovi



P.S. Here's the Flickr stream for Inaug#09

Oh and in case we need a reminder:
THIS IS THE LAST DAY OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION!!!!!!! TRULY A DAY FOR CELEBRATING!!!!!

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

pjazzypar said...

How cool is the fact that you are in DC for this auspicious occasion! I am there with you in spirit and I can't wait to see your pictures. Be safe.

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog said...

pjazzypar: the new post is up finally. enjoy.