Monday, August 25, 2008

Just A Quickie

Phew I made it. My flight was cancelled 5 minutes before departure and then miraculously reinstated. Then we were turned away from 2 gates at landing. I'm just glad I was able to get to Denver in one piece! The altitude change is no joke or exaggeration by the way. It doesn't help that I only had a bowl of soup and 2 hours of sleep. I feel slightly buzzed. A Rocky Mountain high indeed! I missed a few events as I'm still settling in. My Blackberry has had to be reset by the T-Mobile network 3 times in the past 24 hours. I may need my SIM card 'zapped'. I have met some cool people just coming in from the airport and gave a mini interview. The flight attendant told me under the circumstances I looked no worse for the wear.

I've heard feedback that the Big Tent is da bomb. I'm watching the live feed on C-Span in the comfort of someone's living room. I ordered some food from a local restaurant that delivered. Coconut shrimp and miso soup. And lots of fresh ginger so I don't get sick. It was crisp and still hot when I got it. Yummmmmmm.

I'm off to see Cynthia McKinney speak at Mercury Cafe and then Michelle Obama gives her speech. I think I may need to call it a early evening, but you never know. I'm hoping for a big second wind.

I was jamming along to the great cover band doing Earth Wind & Fire, Alicia Keys and Aretha Franklin songs.I wish I was up there singing!

I'll post with more detail l8tr!!!

No comments: